Wednesday, August 19, 2009

From Sarah Warnick

Dear Orme Family,

Happy Fall....well it's almost fall....when did school start to begin in summer time! My kids have been back in school for a week now, it's nice to have some quiet time at home. Weston isn't quite sure what to make of all this alone time with Mom. Mom isn't quite as fun as Rylie was last year at playing games and being silly.

My 3 kids get on the bus a little after 8am and get dropped off a little after 4pm. It's weird to have them gone for so long. I guess it's good to have the quiet time at home also, because I started working for the first time in 11 years. I got a job writing health and fitness blogs. Mostly just any kind of copy so that people have somewhere to go to click onto other sights that sell health and fitness stuff. It's nice to be able to work at home and not worry about daycare. I am wondering when I will run out of things to say though.

We really enjoyed our summer cruising around here and there, wherever we felt like it. We stayed in Okie for a few weeks to handle cubscout camp. Then we packed up, said goodbye to David and Sundance, and drove off to Utah. We drove to Washington and stayed a week in the big empty Warnick house in Issaquah. It was really fun to play with Katie and go hiking and rock climbing and play at the property. Our old barn house has kind of been let go on the outside, kind of sad to see. On the way back to Utah we stopped in Idaho and got to go to Rachel's reception! Yay! It was good to see so many of you, and MAN can Steph and Laurie DANCE!!! Wahooo! A

fter a few weeks in Utah, we drove back to Oklahoma to see Daddy and have some doctors appointments. Our insurance doesn't work out of state. Then back to Utah again! My kids are really really good in the car! David worked on a research project for OU this summer (his only free summer of medical school) looking into how primary care doctors spend their time. It was really eye opening for him. They probably have it the worst of all the doctors, no wonder there are fewer every year. We spent our last week in Utah all together as a family. David and I celebrated our 11th anniversary and climbed Mt. Timpanogos to.... celebrate? It was pretty hard and really steep and scary at the top, but I'm so glad I did it. I've always wanted to accomplish that.

Now we're back in OK. Sterling started football and really loves it! I'm surprised because on the first day he kind of freaked out when he had to put that tight helmet on his head and didn't want anyone to knock him down. But after the 2nd practice he thinks it's really fun! Go figure. He and cousin Jackson Balkman are both on the same team with Aunt Amy's bishop and son as their coaches. The team is really coached well, there are actually around 4 coaches and they are the real deal. They've sent home a playbook to memorize, they wear all the gear and do full on tackle football. This is different from the flag football league they have in Spanish Fork.

Sterling turned 10 on the first day of school! I still can't believe he is in 5th grade! He invited his whole class to another race car birthday party. We made a track outside and had RC mania. It was lots of fun. Sterling got a guitar and is excited to start lessons. Alexis started 3rd grade and will finally get to start up Violin lessons again this year after a whole year off. Everything was just too unpredictable last year. She really likes going to activity day girls and has a great group of friends in school and at church. Her biggest gripe is sharing a room with Rylie who can be a bit..... lets say ecclectic in her toy organization skills. Rylie is in 1st grade! I can't believe she is gone all day. It didn't start out well. She stayed up late the first night feeling completely stressed out about how she would open her pudding at lunch. She can't do it, and she knew she didn't want to have me put it in her lunch opened cuz it might spill. I felt so bad when I realized what a big deal this was to her. Luckily me and Alexis were able to explain about all the adults in the lunch room who would help her. She has also gotten lost from her class once, and got confused about how to buy her lunch once. It's tough being 6.

David started back to school this week. It should be a much more interesting year. They will start to learn about all the ways things can go wrong in the body, instead of the way it should be. They will also be learning a lot more of how to perform examinations; David is not excited about the female one. They won't have rotations much till the end of the year, because they will be working on how to do all these examinations. By the time this year's over he'll be a lot better able to walk into a room and talk to a patient and see what direction to take. It's all very interesting.... how someone becomes a doctor. I'm kind of grouchy at all the Dental students in our ward. When their four years are over, they get to start practicing, and making money! We will have another 5 years of residency with a bit of pay.

Sundance was really happy when we all came home! He missed all the kids. He has developed a new thing though. When there are thunder and lightening storms he cries all night long. It's really sad, and it's really really loud! After trying to get him to calm down in his room (the tiled front entryway) he will often make his way to our bed and squish in. But then I can't sleep! He is SUCH a loud breather! It's like he's blowing up a plastic pool or something, and then he snorts the air out. (He also runs in his sleep) Soon I put him back to his room, then the crying starts again. After about 3 rounds, I send him out to the garage so the cat can take care of him. She's a night person anyway. Hope ya'll had a good summer!Love, Sarah and the gang



At Rachel's reception in Boise:






No comments: